Although the area is relatively small, balconies and smaller terraces are demanding parts of houses and buildings in terms of effective waterproofing solutions. They are exposed to rain, snow, sun and big thermal changes. The traditional approach to waterproofing by installing bituminous waterproofing strips does not guarantee the durability of the construction.
DRACO LASTIC 150 — Highly Flexible Two-Component Waterproofing Coating
DRACO LASTIC 150 is a highly flexible, two-component waterproof coating, resistant to standing water, low and high temperature, the continuous freezing and unfreezing cycles, and UV radiation. The application is quick and easy, and it can be applied to new and existing balconies or terraces that are already covered with stone or ceramics.
Do it yourself::
1. Prepare the substrate in such a way as to remove any impurities and loose parts. In case of saturation of the substrate with rain, wait for the water to evaporate before placing DRACO LASTIC 150.
2. Mix the components by adding powder component A to the liquid component B. For mixing, you can use the extension on the drill.
3. After you’ve mixed the components, it’s time to apply the first layer of DRACO LASTIC 150.
4. On vertical and horizontal joints, install reinforcement by placing the DRACO BAND 100 or some other DRACO BAND sealing band in the first coating layer. In the case of larger areas, use the DRACO BAND 200 reinforcing mesh or the DRACO BAND 220 reinforcing cloth with a 10 cm cross-section.
5. After drying the first coat, apply a second coat of DRACO LASTIC 150, making sure that it completely covers the reinforcing mesh or reinforcing cloth placed in the first layer. The second layer of coating is recommended to be applied after the first layer is dried — after at least 24 hours..
The problem of water leakage through the terrace or balcony is now solved and the structure is long-term protected from the negative influence of water, sun, cold and heat.
Apart from the waterproofing of terraces and balconies, DRACO LASTIC 150 is also used for waterproofing bathrooms, swimming pools, basements, foundations and other construction and dilatations, as well as for the protection of concrete structures from the negative effects of seawater, aggressive atmospheres and salts and carbonation of concrete.